Prime Ministerial involvment in Gustafsen Lake (fwd)

Leslie Schentag (wy497@victoria.tc.ca)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:41:41 -0700 (PDT)

Here is the full press release calling for an inquiry into the events at
Gustafsen lake
L.

  "When Freedom Is Outlawed Only Outlaws Will Be Free"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Shafer <wy430@victoria.tc.ca>
To: sovernet-l@speakeasy.org
Subject: Prime Ministerial involvment in Gustafsen Lake

Revelations have emerged and are making headlines that the Prime
Minister's office was involved in the pepper-spraying of protesters during
anti-Apec protests last year. No similar interest has been shown into the
involvement of Chretien and other high ranking federal and provincial
politicians in the 1995 Gustafsen Lake Affair - the largest paramilitary
operation in Canadian history.

In the interest of pointing out that the spraying of machine gun fire at
Indigenous people is every bit as worthy of an inquiry as is the
pepper-spraying of University students - or should be, the following
excerpts from disclosed documents is presented. The release was originally
run last year.