Re: SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER, MY LOVE

mikala bembery (mikalabeit@hotmail.com)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:11:05 PDT

WOW!
That's what I am screaming! I try to speak the truth as I know it and boy
does it make people uncomfortable. I made a concieous decision to inject
harsh reality into any and all discussions with the "Gatekeepers" and as I
am sure that you know they try to make me feel like I am the one who doesn't
understand. I am so beyond trying to be popular although I understand the
contacts/politics thing, I cannot let those games get in the way of my
purpose for even trying to deal on their level.

I figure that while they would never admit the impact people like us have on
their veiws; we do make a measurable impact. Enlightening sangtimonious
minds is long and incremental work but someone has to challenge the HYPE
that we have been taught to believe.

The best part of any encounter with those who assume that I don't get it is
when I and others speak the truth and their sleek smiles dissapear and their
faces harden because they are not use to being exposed - especially with the
obvious and logical truth. In someways it's like kids who continue to try
believing in Santa Claus.

Thank you so much for that wonderful piece.

Yours in struggle,

Mikala