FWD: Willie Brown is Organizing Voting Fraud!

Coalition on Homelessness, SF (coh@sfo.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:56:14 -0800

HOMELESS PEOPLE'S VIEWS, News, Alerts, Actions & Research
6,000+ ONLINE POSTS by or via homeless & ex-homeless people
HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn
Hey Folks-

As if there aren't enough fires blazing out of control as the election nears!

I've got to run down to City Hall for the Police Brutality rally.  As
soon as I hear from anyone who covered the meeting, I'll post updates.

I wonder if Da Mayor will blame this one on homeless advocates.

Peace,
chance martin

>From: progress@ix.netcom.com
>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 00:59:10 -0400 (EDT)
>To: coh@sfo.com
>Subject: Willie Brown is Organizing Voting Fraud! - Please Post, Circulate
>
>Lucrecia for Mayor
>3311 Mission Street, Suite 135
>San Francisco, California 94110
>Phone: (415) 452-9992
>FAX: (415) 643-8581
>E-mail: progress@ix.netcom.com
>Website: www.lucreciaformayor.com
>

>URGENT NEWSFLASH!
>
>For immediate release
>Contact: Carlos Petroni
>(415) 819-6105
>

>LUCRECIA DENOUNCES:
>
> "BROWN'S MACHINE IS LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR ELECTORAL FRAUD"
>Candidate Cites last Minute Changes by Department of Elections to
>Delay Counting Votes on November 2nd and The Fact that Brown's
>Supporters Will Control Ballot Boxes for Hours Without Supervision
>
>Today, Friday October 22, at 12:00 Noon, the Department of Elections
>will hold a meeting to announce eleventh hour changes in the rules
>and procedures for counting votes on November 2, 1999. According to
>sources at the Department of Elections this is the plan:
>
>1.	To delay vote counting for hours, maybe days, in order to
>simultaneously
>	count write-in and regular votes cast on November 2nd.
>
>2.	To delay vote counting of absentee ballots on the same grounds.
>
>3.	Leave the ballot boxes in the hands of drivers and police
>officers for hours, maybe up to a day in certain precincts, in order
>to proceed to count, one by one every vote which comes in.
>
>These are serious last minute rule and procedure changes. They may
>be illegal and they open the entire procedure to manipulation by
>Brown's political machine and its employees to organize voting fraud.
>
>Over 100 drivers are being hired to transport the ballot boxes and
>retain them for an undetermined period of time. Among them are many
>employees appointed by the Mayor, members of an organization
>endorsing his re-election campaign (the Police Officers Association)
>and other supporters of the incumbent Mayor. This presages all the
>circumstances necessary for massive voting fraud to be committed.
>
>Using the Ammiano write-in campaign as scapegoat and excuse, Brown
>is up to his old dirty tricks. We still remember the corpses and
>former residents who voted when the Stadium/Mall scam passed while
>losing Citywide.
>
>With Brown at less than 27% in all recent polls, the incumbent is
>desperate to take advantage of his control of the government
>apparatus, to strike a blow at the electoral process.
>
>A representative of our campaign discussed with Department of
>Election officials and made the proposal that all ballots containing
>a write-in vote be carefully set aside and counted manually by a
>commission supervised closely by representatives of every campaign
>on the ballot. At the same time, all other votes not containing
> [...]

END FORWARD

**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.**

HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn>
6,000+ POSTS by or via homeless & ex-homeless people

chance martin
468 Turk St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
vox: (415) 346.3740