You wouldn't believe the letters we get... Part two

Coalition on Homelessness, SF (coh@sfo.com)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:17:06 -0800

What is probably most striking about this nasty little message is the
constant referral to the word 'beggar'.

"Beggar" is derived from the term "beg-hard" - a common term for
adherents of the various Mendicant orders in the Dark Ages.  These
folks expressed their spirituality through emulation of St. Francis,
who eschewed worldly possessions and lived from the kindness of
strangers.

And she lives in the city of St. Francis.

Hope you folks will take time to educate her, I got a deadline to make.

Peace,

chance martin