Toronto "Squeegee-in"

Georg (media@web.net)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:44:00 -0400

------- Forwarded toronto@tao.ca Message Follows -------
Date sent:      	Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:40:39 -0400
From:           	Smartmail <bhowes@tylc.org>
To:             	toronto@tao.ca
Subject:        	"Squeegee-in"
via:  	toronto@tao.ca

> Please consider joining us as we tell Harris & Co. to attack poverty and
> homelessness - not squeegees.
>
> Labour Supports
> the rights of Squeegees
>
> Wednesday, October 20th at 2:00pm
>
> Trade unionists will show their support for "squeegees" by holding a
> "squeegee-in" at Queen's Park on the opening day of the Legislature.
>
> This action is in response to the Harris government's targeting of
> squeegees as a "first priority" in the new legislative session.
>
> Union activists are invited to join us as we deliver a message to the
> Harris regime -
>
> "Attack homelessness.
> Don't attack squeegees."
>
> (Bring your own squeegee, bucket, and union banner or flags. We'll bring
> leaflets urging drivers to oppose the government initiative.)
>
> Sponsored by the Toronto & York Region Labour Council.
>
> For more information call (416) 441-3663.
>

> Bill Howes
> Tel: (416) 441-3663
> Fax: (416) 445-8405
> e-mail: bhowes@tylc.org

 This is the Toronto Email List
 http://toronto.tao.ca

 For help goto http://lists.tao.ca

:-) Message Ends; George(s) Lessard's Keywords Begin (-:
Freelance Media Arts, Management, Training, Mentoring & Consulting
On line: Internet / Workshops / Research / Presence / Content /
On location: TV / Radio / Production / ENG / EFP / Editing
Interests: Access / Activism / Communities  / Cultures / Arts
Resume and more @ http://members.tripod.com/~media002
Queries / Offers / Patronage /  Commissions should be sent to
mediamentor@cyberdude.com
Rostered Volunteer UNV# 120983 & CESO/SACO VA# 11799

-Caveat Lector- Disclaimers, NOTES TO EDITORS
&  (c) information may be found @
http://members.tripod.com/~media002/disclaimer.htm
Because of the nature of email & the WWW,
please check ALL sources & subjects.
                          - 30 -