Re: Seattle: SHARE fights Homeless ID "Tracking Collar" FWD

Bill Tinker (wtinker@fcgnetworks.net)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:55:33 -0400

This smacks of job security,for the so called social workers,and I can tell
you horror stories about "Voc Rehab" how a lady took all the information on
my disabled fiancee,and six months later we called to find out what was
brewing.Well the woman retired and took her files home with her,sooooo
naturally we cancelled.
 No this electronic tracking device is similar to house arrest type of stuff
and no should be considered paranoid for this is most definitely a huge
waste of money,and a means to keep track of where you go and have been,next
they will set up centers for any one over 50 to go to to check into and be
determined if they are worthy to exist.. Get these persons a home,food,some
dignity back and stop creating paying jobs for the fat cats whom have no
inkling of what the homeless person does in a day to survive or live,nor how
many miles they have walked.
 This idea is almost as insane as cards ,when will this vast waste of funds
stop and the real homeless programs begin???
   I can see it now,no bed unless you have your card,or nothing to eat
unless you are wearing a monitor....Stop the crap,stop putting up road
blocks and actually become involved with a realistic program.
 Again some of these do gooders should have at least six months of
homelessness under their belt to be able to work in any program for the
homeless,or disabled.                   Bill