Re: National alliance on homelessness and poverty?

Virginia Sellner (wch@vcn.com)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:18:12 -0600 (MDT)

Sounds like some good ideas coming out of this -- we'd be interested in
being involved.

Virginia Sellner

At 10:48 AM 10/14/99 -0700, Stephen Twig Meeks wrote:

>Yes;
>
>That would be wonderful for all activists to get
>together to network in one place.....
>....and be able to take our message and solutions to
>every town and village......
>
>....The Grass Roots Media Conference just held in
>Austin, TX is an excellent example of how this can be
>accomplished.....
>....Though it was on a tight shoe string...and only
>about 70 people attended, a lot of face to face work
>got done here.....
>
>....There is no reason why we as homeless activists
>cannot do the same........
>
>.....Perhaps one "National" conference yearly with
>several regional conferences focalised in various
>cities here in North America........
>
>.....Maybe this way there will be more oppurtunities
>for us to network together face to face........
>
>....A national tour type conference maybe?....
>.....Any other suggestions on how maybe this might
>work effectively?..
>Peace and Solidarity;
>Stephen "Twig" Meeks
>
>(Hey the Rainbow Family does it.....)
>

>=====

Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless
P. O. Box 1232
Cheyenne, WY 82003-1232
(located in the Needs building at
910 Central Avenue, Upstairs)
Phone:  307-634-8499
NO FAX NUMBER AT ALL
email:  wch@vcn.com
web page:  http://www.vcn.com/~wch
WCH is an advocacy and empowerment program
offering voice to the homeless through the arts,
legislative action, homeless speaker's bureau.

******
Thinking of buying a book?  Go to our web page www.vcn.com/~wch and click on
the Amazon.com logo -- when you purchase a book this was we get a % -- so
you donate to us without costing yourself any more than you were going to
spend anyway!!!!!