Shelters closing?

Bill Tinker (wtinker@fcgnetworks.net)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:38:51 -0400

 Graeme,and advocates all over the north american continent:
  Each day that we allow the powers to be to inflict their pain and
suffering on a group of population,that has had so much thrown at them
already we are in fact turning our head.This is called enablelism,allowing
things to happen because of our inability to provide the needed plans to
stop poverty and discrimination against our bro,and sis?Send us some e-mail
addresses and I will be for one happy to let the officials know that closing
any shelter at this juncture is tantamount to murder. ...Please if you have
some e-mail addresses send them out...Thank you very much!
 This is only my opinon and thoughts but since there is a disabled
population in the USA and God only knows how many displaced  families and
permanently homeless,what about a really big push to get out the vote,and
organize to vote to change things????
 I am both disabled and have been homeless myself and truely believe that
that this is the year we have to all work togather to solve this very
serious situation,on the home front ,and to do this we need to stick
togather to let the government know that we are fed up with quick fixes .
 That something must be done immediately,because we can not afford to lose
another brother or sister to the streets.
 I believe their are lists for disabled as well as for the homeless and if
we who have computors can do this right we could do a lot of good towards
solving the two most discriminated groups of peoples problems.And that could
be a coalition of disabled and the handicapped togather to be more vocal,and
to get heard and get the job done.
 Could you envision a 3,000,000 person march to end hunger poverty,and
ablelism all in this millenium????????
 Impossible you say only if we don,t do it and I believe that this a as
worthy a cause as any one could find now if" we the people" act while the
idea is fresh in our minds perhaps this could snow ball into a movement that
could not be stopped untill it is resolved once and for all.!!
 Once again these are only the dreams of one person,magnify them by millions
and we got stroke(clout)...There are 54 million disabled persons in the USA
alone,homeless not known .
 Thank you for listening>>>>> Bill