Re: ALERT: SF Food Not Bombs threatened with arrest - Call officials! FWD

Bill Tinker (wtinker@fcgnetworks.net)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:13:00 -0400

Dear Mayor Brown,
 I am sickened by the way you allow the mistreatment of the homeless. Is it
because you have never been displaced or with out a home or a warm meal?
 If you can not prevent these types of abuses from occurring then perhaps
its time to face your own mirror and remember there but for the grace of god
go I...
 I won,t pretend to have the answers to the homeless situation,I only know
that we were all created egual and just because you are down and almost out
does not allow for the unwarranted police intimidation,or harrassment of
Food Not Bombs Persons whom were only serving food to persons who wanted
it.....
 Please understand that compassion for your fellow man and allowing these
[eople to pull them selves up by their bootstraps is a humanitarian
effort,and of course is perhaps against your mayoral code but Mayor Brown
the homeless presence will not go away just because you want it to.You need
to work with coordinators on the street level and become a solution to their
problem,and not a negative force...It is possible under certain Fedral
guielines that you could be in violation of the ADA,it bears looking into,I
am sure you could be a bit kinder to that man or woman you passed by and
paid no attention to,don,t you get it they have as much right to exist as
you do......So please remember I was homeless and am now a tax payer but my
feelings have not dwindled about the wrongs that were committed by the
police with your obvious orders to do so,you have alerted the nation that
you are seeking to ignore your friends and voters because of political
pressure,but I will tell you that you are not going to be reelected if you
cotinue on the road you have chosen,so good luck in your political future.
 I want to say GOD BLESS TO ALL THE HOMELESS PERSONS OF THE WORLD THINGS
WILL GET BETTER ...
 And Mayor Brown I pray you view this as constructive criticism,because that
is its intent!!!
 Thank you for your time......Bill Tinker