Re: NHCROP Rally

Bill Tinker (wtinker@fcgnetworks.net)
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:11:46 -0400

To:Chance Martin
Homelessness is not exactly a topic that politicians take seriously,after
all they have never been displaced and on the streets,for more than a day oh
yah they might eat at a soup kitchen or in a public publicity vote seeking
campaign talk to a few street people but never have had to worry about
getting rousted by the police or beat up because they did not comply with
some law that is 50 years old and should have been removed from the books 40
years ago...
 Chance Martin is it possible to organize a march on every capitol in the
states?
 We need to do something similar as to the Mortorium Day rallies that went
on in every state back in 1970,It could work because homelessness is a
unneeded and unwanted way of life that could be stopped in our life time if
we have the courage,and fortitude to do a march.
 We woould need to co ordinate with a lot of agencies and keep it peacefull
but still voice our opinons,it is time to be able to live with dignity and
pride that every one single person that is now homeless can and should be
able to lock a door at night and go to bed warm and not hungry....I would
hope that I can instigate a march on our bigger cities or perhaps the
capital of our country,of over a million men,women and childeren.
 A while ago I suggested this and one respose was that it would cost $100.00
by bus to get to and from this type off action,Jesus was homeless to and
relied on peoples generosity [sp] but if it became a solid movement where
there is a will there is a way,and we really do need to resolve this in our
life times as no ones lot gets better if no one protests or lets the think
tank people know that we are not happy with the way oour country has treated
our brothers and sisters,respect is required in order to get respect!
William Tinker wtinker@fcgnetworks.net