Re: Videotape welfare seekers to discourage applying? FWD

Flower Child & Zephyr (nternet@c2i2.com)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 12:16:16 -0700

Dear Tom,

As a moderated forum, I have trusted that the blatantly nutty
messages would be rejected before they received distribution, and
I hope that will continue after this.

What you have passed on is obviously of old paradigm, 'us' vs.
'them' thinking, if it is indeed 'thought' at all.  There's
already a gauntlet to run of career-entrenched bureaucrats at
these locations, sometimes with personal, judgmental and
vindictive agendas.  It seems more difficult when often
mental/emotional, poverty, hygiene, health, personal energy,
self-worth and marginal hope problems prevail on one side of the
counter where help is sought.

And this, "If I don't videotape you, my neighbor will," business:
The next logical step would be to arm the small group at the door
of agreed-upon governmental services to reduce their use,
wouldn't it?  (At the abortion services door, too, or has this
already been done?)  Maybe a series could then be produced with
the videotapes, called "Bonanza--Welfare at the O.K. Corral."

Thank you,  Charles Wilson