Toronto: Report homeless dead to Disaster Relief Committee FWD

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:57:39 -0400

FWD  Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:34:03 -0500
To:   bobolsen@tao.ca
From: Cathy Crowe <crowe@pop.web.net>
Subject: alert

EMERGENCY NOTICE ABOUT
HOMELESS DEATHS & INJURY

from the Toronto Disaster Relief Committee

We need your help. Homeless people are injured and dying because
they are homeless. THERE ARE TOO MANY DEATHS. The conditions homeless
people are forced to live in put people at risk for hypothermia,
heart attacks, mental health problems, HIV/AIDs, tuberculosis,
compulsive drug use and trauma. In order to stop the deaths and
injury we have to learn who is dying, when, where and why. If you
hear of a homeless person who dies or is badly injured this winter
please tell us.

Call us if a homeless person (in Toronto) dies or is badly injured.

-on the street, in a park, abandoned car or squat
- in a hostel or emergency shelter
- in hospital
- in the Seaton House Annex
- in detox
- in an Out of the Cold program
- in bad housing

Please take the time to phone us.

-the Toronto Disaster Relief Committee 416-703-8482 (117)
 or 416-964-2459
-Mayor Mel Lastman 395-6464

"Health cannot exist in the absence of justice"

Cathy Crowe, RN
w: 416-703-8482 (117)
fax: 416-703-6190
crowe@web.net

 Bob Olsen     Toronto     bobolsen@tao.ca   (:-)

 PLEASE NOTE my new email address.  Thanks.........!!

END FORWARD
-
TO JOIN  <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn/join.html> or email Tom <wgcp@earthlink.net>