Re: Fw: Fw: THE LOUISIANA INSTITUTE ON HOMELESSNESS AND HOUSING

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@idirect.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 19:38:05 -0500

"H. C. Covington" wrote:

> INSTITUTE FEES
>
> Please check the applicable registration fee. Early bird registration
> (Postmarked by December 2)
>
> Nonprofit/government $ 150.00
>
> For-Profit $ 250.00
>
> Late or Walk-in Registration ( Dec. 8, 1998)
>
> Nonprofit/government $ 175.00
>
> For-Profit $ 275.00
>
> TOTAL AMOUNT $____________________ FAX or MAIL COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM:

This price schedule makes the event totally inaccessible to homeless and poor
people and as such this undertaking carries no credibility in my opinion. Chalk
up yet another 'liberal' event where the agenda and participants are
predetermined by a privileged sector of society. No thanks!

I would encourage people to boycott this event and make it clear to the
organizers that financial accessibility be a necessary prerequisite for such
undertakings in the future. By this I'm not referring to situations where
people are forced to beg 'scholarship' support from agencies in order to
participate. Financial accessibility for all!