Re: Mandate homeless people on nonprofit boards and staff?

Homeless Action Coalition (hac@efn.org)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 06:35:02 -0800

There has been an effort to include "affected population" representation on
some policy boards; however, that is only a beginnin: 1) just being there
doesn't make them effective, they are still up against a systematic process
that includes a built in understanding of the "assumptions" inherent to the
process. 2) they are often "classed" as representative of the whole service
population whereas I don't usually find what they represent very
representative of me.