Re: Place

Homeless Action Coalition (hac@efn.org)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 06:34:55 -0800

Virginia, I used your poem in an info packet put together for Hunger and
Homelessness Awarenes Week, I hope itis OK!!?  (after the fact).  Also Would
it be OK if I printed it in the next issue of 'oIkos?

On the hierarchy of needs...as for myself, physical security comes first
(ie. protection from the elements/shelter), but that doesn't make physical
security necessarily any more important than social belonging.  (I'm not the
world's most social kinda guy.)

On sustainability...I agree with Talmadge about ownership of capital
resources, especially land... also production factors, however how to do
anything differently (that works) has proven to be somewhat problematic.
The "whole bloomin' world" is built upon the cornerstone of ownership and
control.

Further, for everyone (6 billion) to have a standard of living which
approximates that of a mid-class European would require at least TWO MORE
PLANETS to provide the resources.