Re: Restricting begging, outdoor feeding, paper vending

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:43:40 PST

Tom,

     Restriction of outdoor feeding and begging is clearly a
"homelessness invisibility" move, as Bruce has just elaborated on.
However, restricting street paper vendors from spreading the word about
what's going on in the streets from the standpoint of a homeless person
goes far beyond "homelessness invisibility". Such a restriction would be
full blown "awareness deprivation" for both homeless people and people
who would choose to help the homeless based on how informed they were
about the plight of today's homeless person. Street papers with their
informative nature, are definately a leading motivational reading source
for helpers of homeless people and also the best means of expression for
those actually lving on the streets. NUFF SAID!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://4homeless.hypermart.net/index.html?sig
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>