Call Canadian NGO Reps 17 Nov Re: UN human rights Covenant

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:55:08 -0400

FWD
Subject: Call Canadian NGO Representatives 17 Nov, Geneva
Author: Bob Olsen
Email: bobolsen@tao.ca
Date: 1998/11/17
Forums: flora.mai-not

        CALL CANADIAN NGOs IN GENEVA NOVEMBER 17

        The United Nations Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
        in Geneva is hearing from Canadian NGOs November 16-17 and will hear
        from the Government in another 10 days.

        You can call the Canadian NGO representatives in Geneva at the
        phone number listed below. [011-41-79-629-3812]

 The Canadian government, like other governments, is examined for its'
 compliance with the International Covenant on Economic, Social and
 Cultural Rights by the United Nations Committee on Economic, Social
 and Cultural Rights, once every five years.  Canada failed its exam
 in 1993.  Canada is up for examination again in November 1998.
FWD