Fwd: Homeless Empowered

Net2Source@aol.com
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:41:56 EST

--part0_911018516_boundary

 I am a single mother.
 At present, I and my children are a recent addition to the growing homeless.
 It happened like an old cliche'.  I am a strong, young woman and I have the
 gift of strong will and compassion. I have feared this day for many years as
 it threatened my family, looming in the distance. I have learned a lot about
 mankind, our government, and what does and does not work in aide and
 prevention. As result, I have every intention of becoming a developer and
 director of one of the next successful homeless organizations. First, I am
 going to pull myself up, one way or the other, and it may mean keeping my
 dignity but losing my pride. It is absolutely absurd that willing and able
 bodied Americans, especially those born in this country, should fall victim
 such a plight! I have tried to utilize almost every resource available in my
 area. The result is ludicrous. The 1st rule of thumb, I have found is to keep
 the government out of it. Most privately formed organizations do the best
work
 and have greater success at attacking the problem. The solution is very
 doable. We need to educate, campaign, and recruit with relentless fury. Make
 people as aware of the truth about homelessness as we have AIDS. People will
 see tangible results for their efforts. I believe by people taking a more
 hands-on approach to the problems affecting their communities, the more
 exposure will result of Government mismanagement of funds. They don't truly
 work to abolish poverty and its afflictions. It has served too long as a
skirt
 that hides deep pockets. Neighbors helping neighbors will prove to do much
 more at abolishing homelessness and hunger with grossly less funding than the
 government ever dared speak of!  I have put them to the test after I did my
 best. I have a new realization and wisdom that speaks from experience, but
 more importantly, from my heart. My eyes have become swelled with tears of
 frustration, compassion, and determination. But, I am not beaten. They have
 made me mad. Now, I intend to give all the strength and love I have to fight
 the cause. The answers are within each of us. Hopefully, with enough
exposure,
 we can take politics to a whole 'nother level.
 Provoked enough, the dog will bite!

 Stay tuned. This is only the beginning of a new promise!

--part0_911018516_boundary

Use "Send Again" command to post your text below to HPN.

Before sending, change "TO: Header: To: <HPN@ASPIN.ASU.EDU>

Thanks. -- Tom, HPN listserver

[Also before sending, erase my text above the line below.]
___________
I am a single mother.
At present, I and my children are a recent addition to the growing homeless.
It happened like an old cliche'.  I am a strong, young woman and I have the
gift of strong will and compassion. I have feared this day for many years as
it threatened my family, looming in the distance. I have learned a lot about
mankind, our government, and what does and does not work in aide and
prevention. As result, I have every intention of becoming a developer and
director of one of the next successful homeless organizations. First, I am
going to pull myself up, one way or the other, and it may mean keeping my
dignity but losing my pride. It is absolutely absurd that willing and able
bodied Americans, especially those born in this country, should fall victim to