Re: Will you VOTE? Why or why not?

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@idirect.com)
Mon, 02 Nov 1998 11:05:58 -0500

"g. nelson" wrote:

> I always vote. This election I think it is particularly important to vote
> because the far right is attempting a coup and if this swing towards the
> right continues in the US we are in serious and deep shit.
> I seldom have the luxury of voting *for* someone but we've got some folks
> here that are genuinely scary. Quite frankly, I'd vote for porky pig
> rather than one of the numerous religious right candidates on my ballot
> this time.

Well, it appears the 'left' in the USA (under Clinton)  has perpetrated more wars
against other nations than just about any other Amerikkkan regime, as well as
dramatically increasing poverty within its own borders - then proceeded to cover
its ass by ruthlessly persecuting the victims of its domestic policies. Clinton
also passed new regulations regarding Federal appeals of death sentences which is
likely to send one of the U.S.'s most respected activists (Mumia Abu- Jumal)  to
his death in the near future.

So much for 'left vs. right' -  when talking mainstream politics they're all the
same. Fuck 'em all! All power to the people!