Food Not Bombs Anti-War Cafe / Homes For All Cafe idea - comments?

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Thu, 27 May 1999 20:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

Cafes and parks can become Free Universities of the Streets, where people
hear and discuss the "facts on the ground" behind the mainstream headlines,
and join hearts and minds to seek peaceful paths to a more just society.

San Francisco FNB's "Anti-War Cafe" plan announced below is great, I think.

On a similar note:

*Would an anti-poverty "Homes For All Cafe" in your community be a workable
idea?

FWD

From: sffnb@iww.org
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 20:00:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: NEWS MEDIA <sffnb@iww.org>
Subject: FNB Anti-War Cafe: press release 27 May 99

Food Not Bombs - San Francisco
PO Box 40485
San Francisco, California USA 94140

Voice Mail: 1-415-675-9928

E-mail: <sffnb@iww.org>

Press Release - 05.27.99
Contact: Clare - 647.5819

* ANTI-WAR CAFE *

When:  Saturday, June 12th, 7pm

Where:  Urban Stonehenge at 25th and Wisconsin on Potrero Hill

What:  San Francisco Food Not Bombs will be hosting an ANTI-WAR CAFE night.
Along with a free dinner, there will be music, poetry, spoken word and
speakers from various organizations active in anti-war organizing.  The
Cafe will present information and analysis about the bombing of Yugoslavia
and the gross human rights violations taking place in the region.  The Cafe
will be an opportunity for individuals and groups to network in an effort
to build a strong anti-war movement in the Bay Area.

Why:  We dedicate the night of June 12th as a focal point to open channels
between groups, to share knowledge with each other and to reach out to the
larger Bay Area community.  We need each other to create a focused and
united anti-war movement; the strength is already within us.

for more information:
contact - Clare at 415.647.5819 or 415.675.9928

"Social progress will be made when people get together and organize." -
Howard Zinn

  vegetarian, nonviolence, consensus
-Food Not Bombs List     fnb-l@tao.ca
-distributing food in opposition to violence
-archive: http://archive.foodnotbombs.ca
-active cities: http://webcom.com/peace
-send '(un)subscribe fnb-l'  to majordomo@tao.ca

END FORWARD

HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn>
5,000+ POSTS by or via homeless & ex-homeless people