Re: Tempe, AZ police chief backs citizen advisory review board FWD

mikala bembery (mikalabeit@hotmail.com)
Wed, 26 May 1999 14:57:59 PDT

Hey Now!

There is a group in Rhode Island who went to the police & requested the
complete incident report file for the last calendar year( they charge you
and you have to wait up to a week but they must furnish it). In looking over
the reports they found that in all of the incidents people reported-the
police were found to be in the right. So, this group of courageous citizens
went to the police and sAID "In all of these cases your officers were never
wrong?" The group is called DARE (notD.A.R.E.) and they are out of
providence if any courageous folks out there are interested I'll get the
e-mail address for you.  They have made the police in their community
accountable and  quite frankly I am in awe!

                         Mikala