Re: Should feeding the poor without permits be a crime?

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@idirect.com)
Sun, 23 May 1999 17:01:53 -0400

Tom Boland wrote:

> HOMELESS PEOPLE'S VIEWS, News, Alerts, Actions & Research
> 5,000+ ONLINE posts by or via homeless & ex-homeless people
> HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn
>
> Should feeding the poor without permits be a crime?
>
> Is it useful and fair for government to require permission for people to
> help neighbors, such as feeding homeless people for free?
>
> Useful to whom?
>
> Fair to whom?

Jesus, Tom, why even ask this one? The only potential 'crime' here would be
committed by anyone attempting to pass such anti-life, anti-human statutes.

This is one fucked-up world indeed, where sharing food is viewed as a crime.
Maybe there _isn't_ hope for our species...