Zionist Ethnic Cleansing (fwd)

rosaphil (rugosa@interport.net)
Wed, 19 May 1999 17:40:25 -0400 (EDT)

+********** Snail me yer rosehips if you liked this post! ************
*Better Living Thru Better Living!* http://www.interport.net/~rugosa *

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:55:49 -0300
From: detcom <detcom@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: alt.org.food-not-bombs
Subject: Zionist Ethnic Cleansing

To My Fellow Arabs:

              IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP

By Ibrahim Ebeid
co_editor@yahoo.com

For more than a hundred years the Zionists with their Western allies
are launching a racist war against the Arabs and ethnic cleansing is
being practiced against the Palestinians every day.

A sizable amount of our beloved land is occupied and its name has
been changed from Palestine to Israel. Millions of Palestinians were
forced to live in excile and the occupants of their homes are
strangers from every part of the Earth.

Our greater homeland was fragmented, was given a new name
and we became Middle Eastern people.

Some of us have become attracted to these status quo and have
forgotten their heritage and culture. They became Westernized
and Western ideology became their admired hope and aspiration..

Some are denying our Nationality and our nationalism has fallen
under attack by this segment of our people. Unwisely they are
agreeing with the enemy to splinter us further and weaken us more
severely.
We became Muslim nationals and not Arabs anymore. Sectarian
religion is being preached forcibly upon us. Respect to Islam and its
heavenly message is being misused in a shallow way to harm our
religions, beliefs and aspirations for a brighter future.

These new ideologies are not genuine to us . They are foreign and
misfit. I am not calling for isolation, no, not at all. I believe that we
are part of the world but like any other nation we have the right to
decide
our own destiny, we have the right to be united as a single Arab
Nation, we have the right to be called Arabs and not Middle
Easterners.

The events that are taking place in Algeria, in Palestine and
elsewhere in the vast Homeland of ours are really sad and they are
the creation of the enemy and the lackeys to keep us fragmented
and conquered.

Iraq, our symbol and hope, is being put under the severest
blockade ever.The unjust sanctions are strangulating the whole
population. This act is an act of genocide created and forcibly
maintained by the United States and its partners.

The war against our people in Iraq is being launched for the last
nine years by the United States and the United kingdom. The rulers
of "Saudi Arabia" and "Kuwait" are using the Arab land and
resources to help killing our people in Iraq to protect their selfish
interests.

In Lebanon, the Zionists are committing many crimes against our
people.
South Labanon is being bombarded with no suspension.
Since signing of the Oslo agreement between the Zionists and
Yasser Arafat in September 1993, more land was confiscated and
more settlements were built. More than 230 Mosques were
attacked by the Israeli army.

Christian churches have succumbed to Israeli aggression as well. To
name some of these violations, I chose a sample, at random, to
show our people and the World some of the atrocities and crimes
committed against us and our Holy places of worship.

Deir Mar Yuhanna, St.John Convent and church.
The Church of Nativity: An Israeli soldier tossed a bomb in the
Manger Square on Christmas Day 1994 while the worshipers were
praying.

The Church of Ghetesemani was set afire by an Israeli soldier , on
May 18,1995 that caused severe damage to the historic site where
Jesus was captured to be later crucified 2,000 years ago.

The mosaic floor of the Melekite Catholic Church in Tabaria was
ruined by Israeli settlers.

The Anglican Church cemetery in Nablus was desecrated by Zionist
settlers.
Another Church was set afire in Tabaria also on August 27, 1995.

Al Aqsa Mosque was exposed to many aggressions and attacks, 55
times, here are some samples :
On May 26, 1968 Al-Aqsa was set a fire by the Terrorist J.Dohan.

April 11, 1982: A Jewish terrorist, Goldman, attacked Al-Haram
Square, killed and wounded more than 60 persons.

August 8,1990, the Israeli Authority massacred 22 persons and
wounded more than two hundred.

Many other mosques were converted to Jewish synagogues such
as Al-Ahmar Mosque in Safad.

Maqam of the Sahabi, Abu Huraira , in the village of Yebna was
converted to a religious site while Az Zaytoun Mosque, in Safad,
was converted to a pen for sheep and its upper floor to a farming
equipment.

The events that are taking place in Nazareth and elsewhere in
Palestine are the creation of the Israeli government to weaken us
and press us under the Zionist grip. They pose a grave danger to our
nation, our culture and heritage.

It is time for us to be awakened and to take the matter in our own
hands.

It is time for us to unify our forces and energies against our enemy
who occupies our land and who desecrate our places of worship,
our Mosques and Churches.

May God enlighten us and guide us to the straight path and save
us from going astray.

Sources:
Al-Quds Press- Amin Abu Wardeh
Father Labib Kobti-Rep.of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem
Al-Moharer - Archives -
  vegetarian, nonviolence, consensus
-Food Not Bombs List     fnb-l@tao.ca
-distributing food in opposition to violence
-archive: http://archive.foodnotbombs.ca
-active cities: http://webcom.com/peace
-send '(un)subscribe fnb-l'  to majordomo@tao.ca