Re: ALERT: LA officials to move homeless encampment from Sunland-Tujunga FWD

mikala bembery (mikalabeit@hotmail.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 09:25:50 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_6cc0e4f_7986fd34$14615c8e

I was speaking to a friend of mine who hails from DC. She was there the week
before the National Coalition for the Homeless conference. Her sister works
at a prison hospital right outside DC an was unable to get time off because
they were so busy at work.

It seems that this was NATO week in DC and so the homeless must be swept
from the sidewalks and brought to the prison hospital - I guess you can't
have those foreign dignitaries seeing the third world nation  the government
tries so hard to pretend is not there.
I just thought on this is so similar to the LA thinking and I am sorry to
say that that even the kindest of souls is either buying the hype or just
keeping quiet.

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit www.msn.com
------=_NextPart_000_6cc0e4f_7986fd34$14615c8e--