Re: HPN USER SURVEY

Liberty (liberty@vaxxine.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:08 -0400

Gwen,

At 10:13 PM 26/05/1998 -0700, g. nelson wrote:

>I will answer your post to me later after some thought but I want to
>insert some comments here. I do not believe that you 'don't hold anyone in
>low regard.' This is a point I have been trying to make clear to you for
>months. You come across as sarcastic, contemptous, superior and
authoritarian >and you do this to people that REALLY don't need it and
really don't deserve

And, you come across as a whining, petulant, paternalistic do-gooder that
thinks she is acting in the "best interests" of others.  I don't need your
"best interests" approach, and neither do those you pretend to care about.

<snip>
>You need to look at yourself.

You look at YOURSELF.  I don't need a lecture or spiel on how to discuss
issues on this list, perhaps YOU do.

<snip>
>If you want some examples of what I mean (they are to be found in almost
>every post) I will once again be happy to provide you with them. I would
>even be happy to do this off list.

I got plenty of samples from you too.  So what are trying to achieve?
Are you developing a scrapbook of some sort?

<snip>
>I work six days a week and I would still be happy to do this. This list
>should be a safe place for people who are, after all, living in difficult
>circumstances.

Certainly should be a safe place, for ALL participants, not just those
who, through your selective perception, "deserve" this safety.

<snip>
>Answer his question, Lillian. I've asked you this question many times. You
>never answer it.

He never answered any of my questions I asked him, so why should I have
to answer any of his questions.

<snip>
>I've pretty much concluded that you really get off on upsetting and hurting
>people. I figure it makes you feel powerful.

Yeah, the Big Nurse to the rescue.  All we need are more patronizing people
like yourself to "speak for" some unknown quantity of "others", who you
deem to be helpless, defenseless, etc. when they are all adults, and yes,
they can speak for themselves, thank you very much.

<snip>
>You can't hurt me, anymore.

These are just words in a page, how can they hurt YOU?

<snip>
>You sure horrify me, though. You can take this as a flame but, you know, I'm
>just speaking the truth. This thing you do is really offensive, it's not the
>ideas I object to. I don't agree with your ideas and that's OK, you probably

And, I'm sure you get off on flaming and hurting other people, don't you?
You must, or you wouldn't bring the subject up.

>wouldn't agree with mine either. But you know, Lillian, you gotta stop
>treating people like they're shit and thats just what you do. I intend to
>keep telling you this until you start taking personal responsibility for
your
>behavior.

You aren't exactly Miss Manners yourself, Gwen.  If my opinions bother
your poor, sensitive soul so much, you can just use your delete key.

Feel free to write back to me when you can defend your ideas, arguments
and opinions without resorting to your usual ad hominem attacks against
people whose opinions and views you seem to have trouble accepting.

Liberty
- liberty@vaxxine.com