Re: LA your RIGHTS on the street & with police in Los Angeles, CA

jennafer waggoner (refugee@gte.net)
Tue, 26 May 1998 00:50:15 +0000

Liberty wrote:

> At 04:49 AM 24/05/1998 -0700, Tom Boland wrote:
>
> >Information about the opportunities you need to get through hard times
> >The People's 25th Guide to WELFARE, HEALTH& OTHER SERVICES In Los Angeles
> >County
> >"How To Get Food & Money" - January 1998
>
> Interesting, how these guides call themselves "opportunities", when they
> represent just one more way to get one trapped on the social safety net.
> What about a guide for people that want to become financially
> self-sufficient?

First of all, not one of us is self sufficient right now.  Every bit of
your share of our community vital resources like food, land, water and
technology have been taken from the common access and instead held for
ransom by corporations and government who sell you back your own
resources for money.

Now, where do you get your money?  On trees?  I don't think so.  I think
you get your money by depending on some corporation to pay you.  Unless
you work for the social service system, of which you are paid out of the
same dependency pot of soup.

True self sufficiency lies in not having to depend on anyone for
maintaining your existence and your quality of life.  I doubt that you
come close to being self sufficient, just a guess of mine.
--
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Aho Mitakuye Oyasin, For All my Relatives

Jennafer Waggoner
Making Change...
a community newspaper empowering the
poor and unhoused with an income