Fw: living costs of $8.50 per hour, is PART OF THE PROBLEM

H. C. Covington (ach1@sprynet.com)
Mon, 25 May 1998 21:22:45 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Belize Development Trust Dangriga, Belize <bdtrust@juno.com>
To: ach1@sprynet.com <ach1@sprynet.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 1998 7:10 AM

  Further to the comments on poverty wages.

   From my studies from the other side of the tracks, any poverty, head
start, educational training, or other type welfare community development
program that knowingly abets and encourages payment of people less than
breakeven living costs of $8.50 per hour, is PART OF THE PROBLEM.  They
are not serving solutions.
  I wonder if there is GRANT money and programs to help teach welfare and
poverty related  programs learn how to pay workers a minimum cost of
living, break even wage?  Some of these outfits certainly need it.
Either that, or they are self serving ripoffs to ignore reality of living
costs in today's society.

Trustee
http://Belize1.com/BzLibrary/trust.html
Belize Development Trust (NGO)        http://Belize1.com/BzLibrary