Re: Numbers Dropping?

Liberty (liberty@vaxxine.com)
Sun, 24 May 1998 16:12:28 -0400

Matt,

At 02:55 PM 24/05/1998 -0400, HOBOMATT wrote:

>I live in Colorado Springs and have worked, in a variety of settings, with
>homeless people for over 20 years. I have recently noticed a slight but
>perceptable drop in the numbers of homeless people living on the streets
>here: numbers asking for food and clothing down at one charity outlet,
fewer  folks at the soup kitchen and drop-in, and fewer men at our little
Rescue

Yep, Matt, this is the impact on allowing the market to improve its own
economic opportunities for people ... the more jobs there are for people,
the less people need emergency shelters and food kitchens, and the better
the business climate is for small businesses to create these jobs, the more
jobs will be created ... and so on ... less homelessness.  Capitalism does
work ;-)

*Libby*