Re: Safe House for teens

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Mon, 18 May 1998 11:46:04 PDT

Virginia,

    These people can answer all of your questions! Contact them for more
information about how to find a Safe Place, start a Safe Place program
in your community, become a Safe Place volunteer or how you or your
company can get involved with the program contact:

     The National Safe Place Office
     1410 South First Street
     Louisville, Kentucky 40208
     Phone: 502 635-5233
     Fax: 502 635-1443

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homeless
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

wch@vcn.com (Virginia Sellner) wrote:

>What do you know about setting up a 'safe house' for teenagers that are
on
>the street (or any children for that matter)  We have several people
who
>think that perhaps that is a project that we should get involved in --
but
>we know little about liabilities, supervision, etc.  How is the best wy
>begin?
>
>Warm weather is back here now, and with it comes a lot of young people
who
>cannot stay in the shelter here because they are under 18, so they are
sent
>out on the street.  They can be in our day center of course but that
does
>not help them at night.
>
>Sometimes these young ones are much younger than they indicate.
>
>How does one begin a project of this type?
>
>Virginia Sellner
> Speak only words of truth.
> Speak only of the good qualities of others.
> Be a confidant and carry no tales.
> Dhyani Ywahoo,"Voices of our Ancestors, Cherokee teachings from the
Wisdom