Fw: Does Anti-Authoritarian Ignorance Condone Murder/Rape?

Flower Child (nternet@c2i2.com)
Sat, 16 May 1998 07:14:04 -0700

DEAR RAINBOWS AND HOMELESS PEOPLES NETWORK,  Here is perhaps the most
meaningful message to come across AGR (or HPN) since I've been subscribed.
This post is worthy of study by those of us who claim to value life and
think we are or can be influencial in the course of our societal lives.  If
we want to solve the problems we have been concerned with, the case is made
in Sandi Brockway's post that there is this central, root absolute sickness,
which needs to be recipient to healing as a primary focus of ours.  The
efforts and finances of our nation and its war machine need to be redirected
at this problem of violence against women and violence against anyone
weaker.

I must tell Ms. Brockway that I am not aware of any condoning of murder or
rape within these two newsgroups.  There is often half-awake psycho-babble,
which I'll believe is somewhat more awake after reading your message right
now.  It is NOT O.K. for men (or women, but rarely the case) to be sexually
violent predators.  It is NOT O.K. for violence to be perpetrated or
sancioned officially or unofficially.  It IS O.K. for representatives of
society to protect that society.  What to do with the isolated, detained
violators needs a whole lot of work and the wherewithall to implement.  This
is a worthy goal for the 21st century.  The violators also need to be
isolated from each other during their separation from society and not go
into a giant pressure cooker barely under containment, as is now the case,
recruiting all who enter to the lowest base sickness, guards and prisioners
alike.  Our nation and world is male dominated and this needs to be
corrected, no if, ands, or buts.  All the violence, official and individual,
must be ended.  Patterns of corrupt partiarchy must come to their end.
We've got to fight the guns, the fact that our nation is the leading
supplier of these armaments, and we've got to remove the glory from
dominance, power, and greed.  Individuals need to be strengthened not to do
evil actions or evil production; indeed, everyone needs to be encouraged
that it is better to be in a soup kitchen line that in an apartment paid for
with funds from evil doing.  I will try never to forget these things and
pledge the rest of my life to be concerned with them.  Our homeless
solutions and happy Rainbow style gatherings will fall naturally into place
when the underlying roots of the sickness on earth is faced and
energetically dealt with !!  Flower Child  (Charles Wilson)