Tedrico's Page is SPAM FREE - Disregard (INPRISONMENT OF THE

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Tue, 05 May 1998 11:54:00 PDT

Dear List Members,

     If you have received a message from John C Lindsay
<jclind1@sac.uky.edu>, with the subject heading of INPRISONMENT OF THE
MIND, and feel you have recieved this message unsolicted, you may find
it conforting to know, that Tedrico's Page is SPAM FREE and did not
endorse this unsolicted mailing! However, after recieving complaints
from some of you (and you know who you are), I took the liberty of
contacting your fellow list member and informing him of the severity of
this act! As you can see, by reading the email correspondence between
him and myself below, that he did not know he was in fact sending
unsolicited email, and as you can also see, the issue has been resolved,
and I'm sure will not occur again in the future! Just wanted to let you
know that Tedrico's Page cares about the email privacy of it's
supporters! Thank You!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homeless
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

--------------- SPAMMING ISSUE EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE --------------

John,

     Thanks for your prompt reply and for being understanding :)

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homeless
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

John C Lindsay <jclind1@sac.uky.edu>

>Thanks for the reply!
>I received it without an "attitude."
>
>I didn't know that some users were being charged "by the byte," etc.
>
>John Lindsay
>

>On Tue, 5 May 1998, Theodore Latham wrote:
>

>> John C. Lindsay,
>>
>>      You're on the Tedrico's Page site update mailing list because
you
>> requested to be notified via email, by filling out the name & email
>> address blanks under "What's New"! So did everyone else whose on my
>> mailing list! However, I received 4 complaints about the following
>> message being sent to my list #1 members, one of which who remarked
>> about contacting your ISP provider! He gets charged by the byte,
>> therefore I always send him special emails due to him being overseas!
>> You sent this long message and he's pissed. I assured him, that you
>> probably did not know about Federal Internet Spamming regulations and
>> guidelines, which clearly state, you can not send unsolicited email,
>> unless the recipient has expressly asked to receive it! I told all 4
of
>> them that I'd speak to you since I recognized your name, after
sifting
>> through all 3 of my lists! So please, do not send my list members, or
>> anybody's list members, unsolicited email :) I meant for the tone of
>> this message to be subtle and informative, and not threatening in
anyway
>> ... so please don't catch an attitude or ask to be removed from my
list,
>> because your support of Tedrico's Page is just as valuable to me as
any
>> of the other list members! I aslo don't want you to lose your ISP!
And
>> if you've ever thought about using an Email Bulk-mailer, DON"T!!
That's

RMills2365@AOL.COM,
>> >        ruland@ccnmail.com, sandya@asu.edu, scratchkitty@yahoo.com,
>> >        shadowsdancing@hotmail.com, sixstring@mailexcite.com,
>> >        smason1@erols.com, stemingbehvrs@compuserve.com,
>> >        Theodore Latham <tedrico@hotmail.com>, werdel@cbpp.org
>> >Subject: INPRISONMENT OF THE MIND  4/28/98 =E9 1998 Mumia Abu-Jamal
(fwd=
>)
>> >

>> >Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:46:43 EDT
>> >Mumia <Mumia@aol.com>
>> >Subject: INPRISONMENT OF THE MIND  4/28/98 =3DA9 1998 Mumia
Abu-Jamal

>> >They endeavor to make you as much like Brutes as possible.  When
they
>> have
>> >blinded the eyes of your mind - when they have embittered the sweet
>> waters =3D
>> >of
>> >life - when they have shut out the light which shines from the word
of
>> God,
>> >then and not till then, has American slavery done its perfect work.
>> >Henry Highland Garnet,
>> >"An Address to the Slaves of the United States of America", (1843)
>> >
>> >American prisons are the linear descendants of American slave pens,
>> sociall=3D
>> >constructed institutions designed to dehumanize, exploit, and profit
>> from t=3D
>> >he
>> >shackled.  In both cases powerful social forces converge to protect
the
>> >institution, to insure its continued existence.
>> >
>> >Prisons as metaphor for slavery are especially crystallized in the
>> >disproportionate percentage of African Americans who are cast into
>> American
>> >Gulags, a reflection of social policies following media and
political
>> >projections.
>> >
>> >Another factor that mirrors the slave experience is the antebellum
(or
>> pre-
>> >Civil War) Black codes that outlawed education for slaves, under
pain
>> of
>> >death.
>> >
>> >In March 1998, the Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections (DOC) announced
>> that i=3D
>> >would phase out all of its four and two-year colleges programs.
That