"The Pursuit of Happiness" (Tedrico's Page Selected DTOTW)

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Tue, 05 May 1998 01:40:17 PDT

Dear Update List Members,

    I'd like some feedback on the following Tedrico's Page feedback
question, I received this morning:

LOUIS LOPEZ <lopez737@warwick.net> wrote:

>If I had a house and a car in an area where it was required for me to
>drive to work due to the fact that all the places where I can work are
too far for anyone to walk to or even ride a bike to, and I can't have
insurance on my car becuase the rates are too high, are state laws of
requiring a car to have insurance denying me the right of a job and the
persuit of happiness?

    I then, promptly responded to it with:

Louis,

     No, the low wage rate paid by the job , which prevents you from
being able to afford car insurance, is denying you the pursuit of
happiness! Next trick question :)

Regards,

Tedrico Latham