Re: Street Youth Job Corps gets $1.1 million grant: Toronto, Canada

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@idirect.com)
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:09:11 -0500

"P. Myers" wrote:

> Judy, are you saying that you believe homeless youth in Seattle
> to be young punks?  Who should not be "molly coddled?"

Actually, Judy's remarks came across more as a sarcastic crack at the Seattle
cops.

I'm personally taking a wait-and-see perspective on this Toronto thing... and
it doesn't change the fact that our police force also loves to take out their
half-baked frustrations on homeless youth. Last summer there were any number
of accounts of police bullying and violence - in one case a dog belonging to a
young squeegeer was shot after allegedly biting a cop on the leg.

(When asked about the extent of his 'injury' on a live TV program later that
same day  this dumb pig wasn't even immediately able to recall which leg he'd
supposedly been bitten on, and in displaying both legs for the camera  failed
to show any evidence of bite wounds. (The dog in question was a Rottweiler).
It was also revealed that just before the shooting  the cop had awakened the
dog's owner by kicking him in the ribs - apparently causing the animal to
growl in response. (No shit, Sherlock!) )
Graeme Bacque <gbacque@idirect.com>
<http://webhome.idirect.com/~gbacque/gbacque.html>
People Against Coercive Treatment
<http://www.tao.ca/~pact>