Re: Media: Is it fair & accurate or biased about policy issues?

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:18:20 -0800 (PST)

FWD [request for information from homeless people]
CC Replies To: Rebekah Widdowfield <R.C.Widdowfield@bristol.ac.uk>

Dear Tom,
Yes, it would be great if you could post my message on the HPN and I
will certainly keep Dee's list informed as my study develops. I've
already had a look at the website you mentioned and as you say it does
provide an insight into the way the media construct homelessness. I've
actually been very impressed by the amount of information on
homelessness on the web in the US which involves present or ex-homeless
people themselves but there is nothing comparable in this country.
Indeed, homelessness in my view has a pretty low profile over here  -
there is no equivalent discussion group to Dee's list and the websites
are predominantly limited to the national homelessness charities -
which contain pretty much the same information - or sites more
related to housing than homelessness.
Anyway, thanks for forwarding the message on,
Best wishes,
Rebekah