Call WORKING CLASS FILM&VIDEO FESTIVAL (fwd)

Leslie Schentag (wy497@victoria.tc.ca)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:31:59 -0800 (PST)

  Leslie Schentag
  Gremlin Research Consultants
  Web Site: http://firms.findlaw.com/gremlinz

  "When Freedom Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Be Free"
					-F.T.W. Productions, 1992.

 "It is better to die on your feet than live a lifetime on your knees"
					-Emiliano Zapata

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 03:11:54 -0800
From: Grassroots News Network <gnn@grassrootsnews.org>
Subject: Call WORKING CLASS FILM&VIDEO FESTIVAL

6TH ANNUAL

INTERNATIONAL
WORKING CLASS FILM&VIDEO FESTIVAL
July 1999 San Francisco

CALL FOR VIDEOS & FILMS

	LaborFest is now calling for videos for our annual International
Working Class Film & Video festival. Laborfest which is held in San
Francico every July and is organzied to commemorate the 1934 San
Francisco General Strike through the cultural arts of working people.
Videos and films can include union struggles, political struggles of
labor, locally, nationally and internationally.
	The videos should explore the connections between labor and
democracy, race, sex, environment, media, war and the capitalist
economy. We are are looking for videos that challenge practically and
ideologically the thinking of working people. The videos w ill be shown
throughout the month in San Francisco.

Submit on VHS Or Pal, English Captions Preferred Open To amateurs,
students and professionals, Open format which includes drama, animation
& documentaries.

Please send the video along with a bio and narrative summary. Please
also send summary & bio electronically if possible.

Submission Deadline: June 1, 1999, No entry form or fee required

Contact:
International Working Class Film & Video Festival
(415)282-1908 Fax (415)695-1369
P.O.Box 425584
San Francisco,CA 94142
lvpsf@labornet.org