London: Crystal Palace Anti-eviction Party - Sat 13th March!!! FWD

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:04:57 -0800 (PST)

FWD via http://www.egroups.com/list/diggers350/
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:36:02 +0000
To: diggers350@egroups.com
From: Tony Gosling <tony@gaia.org>
Subject: [diggers350] Crystal Palace Party - Sat 13th March!!!

URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT *
URGENT * URGENT *

                    CALLING ALL LONDONERS AND ANYONE ELSE IN THE AREA:

I'm sure most of you know that Crystal Palace is in the process of being
evicted...  We have still several digger friends in their bunkers
underground, and are holding a massive PARTY/family fun
day/carnival/anti-urban development rally on this SATURDAY 13th March
starting at MIDDAY - sorry about the lack of notice, but you know how it
is...

This is a pink and fluffy event, any face painters, jugglers,
stilt-walkers MOST welcome - we have (and need) soundsystems, we have a
classical concert going on,bring instruments and lots of entertainment
hopefully!  We are relying on YOUR SUPPORT to help us make this happen,
we intend to make it into National Media (with our fluffy hats on) and
would like a good party!

If you can help the organisation... ( I really know nothing about making
this sort of thing happen...) please call me on 0181.778.3115 - anyone
who answers will be able to take messages...  The Crystal Palace Protest
Office is a 24hr (bugged) line where other details can be found out -
0181.693.8200...

Please feel free to call if you can give me contact numbers, I look
forward to seeing LOADS of you on Saturday...bring a whistle, and lets
make loads of noise

Please spread the word to all your friends...

Crystal Palace is reachable by bus from all parts of London eg. 227, 63,
and MANY others... call for more info., also train to Crystal Palace (via
Beckenham Junction if necessary)

LETS SHOW THEM HOW MUCH SUPPORT WE HAVE...

yours in great hope,

emanwela

for - 'WAS the earth made to preserve a few covetous, proud men to live
at ease, and for them to bag and barn up the treasures of the Earth from
others, that these may beg or starve in a fruitful land; or was it made
to preserve all her children'

Only when the last tree is felled will they realise they can't breathe
money

--
Tony Gosling tony@gaia.org www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Congress/7727/
www.ecovillages.org/uk/network/index.html www.oneworld.org/tlio/

END FORWARD

HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn>
4,000+ POSTS by or via homeless & ex-homeless people