Re: Home-Care Workers: Unions fight for a living wage FWD

Judy Olsen (wholedamnpie@uswest.net)
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 14:37:44 -0800

Being a Home Care Community Aide was the only job I could find when I was homeless.  I did it for one year, at about $1.00 above minimum wage,
because it was Union.  Because of the low pay, I had to have a roommate until I found a really cheap room (bathroom down the hall and my cats
were welcome). Eventually I found a higher paid Union job, but if I wasn't active in my Union as a Home Care Community Aide, I would never have
found it.
Judy O