JOURNALIST CONCERNED WITH PEOPLE IN CRISIS

Joe Hart & Kay Lee (mrjah@flakeysol.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:26:56 -0500

I would like to pass this on, because I know some of you can help this
concerned reporter.  I'm so pleased to see so many journalists get involved
in this horrible mess. KL

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Vega [mailto:evega@bnd.com]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 1999 11:51 AM
To: Joe Hart & Kay Lee
Subject: Re: PEOPLE IN CRISIS

As part of the media I would be interested in any stories you have about
these abuses in the Southern Illinois Area. I cover cops and crime so
this is a part of my beat.. So if you know of anything like this
occuring or somehow I can localize the issue please let me know.

Currently I am working on a large project involving the East St. Louis
Police Department and several beatings that have occured. One man was
beaten so severely that his eye was knocked out. The beating was in
front of his 9-year-old son. The man was stopped for having his radio on
too loud.. The officer involved was suspended but got his job back and
then a year later was suspended again for stealing money from a
motorcyclist who was involved in a traffic accident. elizabeth