Fw: street vending inquiry #2

H. C. Covington -- I CAN America (icanamerica@email.msn.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:20:39 -0500

>From another list tonight:

Subject: Re: street vending inquiry #2

In a message dated 6/17/99 12:22:46 AM Canada Central Standard Time,
ANACTIVIST@aol.com writes:

<< Is there a central agency, department or person I could correspond with
 in your area? Re: Steet vending by homeless people>>

Our zoning code in Pasadena, Ca., provides for a conditional use permit
process for "mobile food preparation units."  With the use permit, the
catering truck is allowed to park and serve for extended periods of time.
The topic has generated some controversy.  For specifics about the ordinance,
you can call the city planning department and ask to speak with a planner
familiar with the ordinance.  The planning department's number is (626)
744-4152,.  Or, our zoning code is on line at
www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/planning&permitting.  Good Luck.

Mike Coppess