alt.building.manufacturing of Housing

H. C. Covington -- I CAN America (icanamerica@email.msn.com)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 04:22:30 -0500

From: scottfear@aol.com (ScottFear)
Subject: The Use of POLYCRETE Low-cost housing
Date: 07 Jun 1999 00:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.building.manufacturing

OUR OBJECTIVE

US News and World Report, July 1995, reported that  "The seriousness of the
world housing crisis should not be allowed to be underestimated by today's
politicians."  The demand for housing on a global scale is great. In countries
such as India, China, Mexico and the Philippines and on the continents of South
America, Asia and Africa the need is at its' highest.  People in these areas
are typically without any shelter at all. Where shelter is provided, it is
typically unsafe, unsanitary and sub-standard even by the lowest possible basic
considerations.

Many of the Governments can't meet the demand. Whether it's due to lack of
resources, man power or technology, they couldn't even come close to supplying
all the housing needs in their respective countries.  It takes them so long to
get projects started and built that by the time their completed, the additional
need has increased beyond the size of the recently completed project. It
becomes a never ending cycle.

Then, some countries, to overcome this problem, simply build unsafe housing.
They will often built fast inefficient housing that will collapse during a
minor earthquake or fly apart in a wind storm. The housing is built without
some of the well known modern day building techniques and materials.  What is
needed is a product that will minimize the use of our natural resources, one
that is safe, can survive natural disasters, that will be able to be built
efficiently and timely. Then and only then could we ever make a dent in the
world housing demand.

CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS

The average world family requires a simple safe, sanitary, shelter from the
elements. In addition to this, comforts could be added.  Comforts like running
water, inside toilets, a shower, heating, cooling, hot water, etc.  We are
talking about the things we, as Americans, tend to take for granted.

Time Magazine, September 1993, "Sub-standard is becoming the catch word for
housing in the Third World."

Christian News Daily reported in May 1995, "Some of today's housing
developments should be likened to that of the concentration camps of Nazi
Germany."

WHAT CAN WE DO?  WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

THE SOLUTION: POLYCRETE

What is it?

POLYCRETE is a state-of-the-art building material. It weighs 3.5 pounds per
cubic foot.

POLYCRETE is a lightweight, polyurethane-based building material with superior
insulative and strength-to-weight ratios, and high design versatility which can
be made to cosmetically simulate other popular building materials including
wood, stucco, concrete, brick, or tile.  The manufacturing process involves the
simultaneous injection of two basic chemicals under high pressure into a
proprietary aluminum mold. The chemical mixture implodes inside the mold
creating the product in a variety of pre-designed panel sizes.  It is
trade-marked, POLYCRETE USA.  The patents are registered with the United States
Patent office.  The number is 5,758,461.. The Trademark is Reg. No. 2,108,732.

POLYCRETE is the result of years of testing in the aerospace and automotive
industry. Hence the phrase, 'POLYCRETE is made-up of aerospace grade composite
materials.' Forms of POLYCRETE are found however, in the boating, furnishing
and building industries too.  An example of a similar material used in another
industry is the Saturn automobile. The side body panels on every Saturn car are
made from a material like POLYCRETE. Most every car in the US, for the past 10
years, has front and rear bumpers made from a similar material.

POLYCRETE out performs many other types of building materials.

POLYCRETE has one of the highest R-Factors - 26 minimum, survives high winds -
150 MPH, is impervious to insects, does not mold or mildew and can be
completely fire proof.  POLYCRETE'S physical composition emulate that of light
weight concrete except, an average panel will weigh about 67 pounds.  A wall
panel measures 80.75" x 36.0" x 3.5". It is easy to see why POLYCRETE will
become the building material of the 21st Century.

We offer TWO Joint Venture Opportunities :

1) We are looking for projects where we can build low to moderate housing. We
have the expertise and the financing for those principals who meet our
criteria.

2) We can also set up JV factories in Your Country so you can manufacture homes
for your people and surrounding countries as well.

Please e-mail ScottFear@aol.com for more information.

       Scott Fearing, Marketing Supervisor
         American Building Systems, Inc.