Sign Up For Human Rights (fwd)

P. Myers (mpwr@u.washington.edu)
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 17:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

fyi PatM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 16:58:18 -0600
From: Maria Stumpf <peace@FRONTIERNET.NET>
Subject: Sign Up For Human Rights

From=20Maria Stumpf

Women's International League for Peace and Freedom wrote:

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) lists the basic rights
and freedoms which every person in the world is entitled to.=20

This year the UDHR turns 50.  Amnesty International, an organisation which
works for basic freedoms around the world, is celebrating with all
Australians.=20

Amnesty International is collecting the signatures of 10 million people
who support the rights in the UDHR.  One million people will carry those
signatures through the streets of Paris and present them to the United
Nations on Human Rights Day, 10 December 1998.=20

This is your chance to make your voice heard by world leaders.

* Send an email to udhr50th@amnesty.org.au.  Put your name in the subject
and the following text in the message:  "I support the rights and freedoms
in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for all people, everywhere."=
=20

* Forward this message to as many people as you can.

For more information about Amnesty International or the UDHR, visit our
website at www.amnesty.org.au or email us at udhr50th@amnesty.org.au.

Maria Stumpf
=D0=CF =E0=A1=B1