Re: Can you *believe* this guy? (AGGGHHH!!!)

Liberty (liberty@vaxxine.com)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:23:43 -0400

Graeme,

At 08:44 PM 14/06/1998 -0400, Graeme Bacque wrote:

<snip>
>The three year period since the election of the Mike Harris regime in
>Ontario has seen an escalating situation of misery and hardship being
>imposed on the more vulnerable residents of this province. Now in the
>last year of his current mandate Harris appears to be shifting into
>social-control mode as he attempts to push the inevitable consequences of
>his policies out of the public eye through crackdowns on homeless persons,
>social assistance recipients, psychiatric survivors and other vulnerable
>people who have already experienced more hurt than any human should have to.

What may appear to be crackdowns on vulnerable people is actually the very
beginning of a government that is finally becoming accountable, and not
just handing out money to every special interest group that comes along.
Sometimes a tough love approach is what is needed for some people, even
though I agree with you, that forcing more people into psych institutions
is not the answer to this very complex problem either.

Respectfully,

Liberty
- liberty@vaxxine.com