RAINBOW GATHERING near Springerville, AZ June 28 to July 10

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 23:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

RAINBOW FAMILY OF LIVING LIGHT
INTERNATIONAL GATHERING OF THE TRIBES
June 28 to July 10 - Canero Lake, AZ (near Springerville)

Rainbow Family will gather to pray for peace, celebrate and share, as we've
done annually since 1972.  About 20,000 people are expected this year.  All
peacable persons (not just "hippies") are welcome.

The event is free of guns, alcohol and "leaders", as well as free of
charge. People cannot sell anything at Gatherings, but barter is fine.
While some people bring pets, folks are strongly encouraged to leave them
at home.

People can park vehicles near the site, but the site itself is free of
vehicles and electrification. Group decisions are made by consensus at
council meetings.

The food is vegetarian.  Make sure to bring cup, bowl and spoon.  There are
no bathroom or outhouses, only latrines.  As the notice below says, prepare
for cold (and possibly wet) weather, by bringing a good tent and lots of
layers of clothing.  It's a great campout with great people, I think.

Springerivlle is 236 miles from Phoenix, AZ and 233 miles from Albuquerque, NM.

DIRECTIONS

The Rainbow Family of Living Light, on the land at Spring Council, has
reached consensus, and we will be having The 1998 Annual Rainbow
Gathering at Canero Lake, in the Apache National forest, in east central
Arizona.

  The directions to Canero Lake are as follows:

 The turn off is about midway between Springerville and Show Low, off
hwy. 60.  Go to mile marker 372, (give or take a tad bit).
 The dirt road to the south is fs rd 117, but shown on the road as
Greens Peak Rd, (3123).
  Go about 5 1/2 miles to the intersection with fs rd 118.
  Turn left at 118.
  After  3 1/2 miles on 118, there is a right turn on to 117A.
  Turn right and stay to your left up the hill, for about 3 more miles.

                  WELCOME HOME!!!

  Expect to deal with lows temps of around 30 degrees and highs in the
80s.
  For more information, tune into the Rainbow News Group at
alt.gathering.rainbow
or go to the electronically tuned in unofficial RFOLL home page at
         http://www.welcomehome.com
or your favorite/reliable rainbow link.

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!