Re: Second Reply to John Drury. (fwd)

H. C. Covington (ach1@sprynet.com)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:49:01 -0500

Yes it will (has)and in many places simply creates a source of cheap labor.
In any other time an attempt to create a labor system in this manner was
called an indentured servant-hood, or a slave labor force with a stipend to
ease the conscience.  Why do we call it any thing else in this time?

Sonny

 -----Original Message-----
From: Franklin Wayne Poley +ADw-culturex+AEA-VCN.BC.CA+AD4-
To: WELFAREM-L+AEA-AMERICAN.EDU +ADw-WELFAREM-L+AEA-AMERICAN.EDU+AD4-
Date: Friday, June 12, 1998 3:55 AM
Subject: Second Reply to John Drury. (fwd)

Dear Welfare Reform Research: Do you think I am correct on this? That
welfare-to-work will become, more and more, just a clever repackaging of
workfare, especially as workfare becomes highly unpopular? In other words
it will just be a matter of having companies issue the workfare cheques
for the same forced labor program instead of government offices?
FWP.