RE: a homeless panhandler's gentle approach in Edinburgh, Scotland FWD

P. Myers (mpwr@u.washington.edu)
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:34:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Andrew Newkirk Rose wrote:

> and likewise when we figure out the solutions to these challenges in one
> place, will they be solutions for the whole world?

this is the question that can never leave our minds, because it demands we
recognize our a-centrality; the multiplicity of needs and solutions and
creativities that are revealed as we go about working together.  The
question keeps us honest; keeps us aware of one another; keeps us
respectful of our differences...our uniquenesses within our univocality.

So the answer is both yes and no... working together..netWorking, we may
just develop solutions that work for each of us, where ever we are...
malleable strategies; communities, not of sameness, but of enduring
support and mutual respect...and, in the process, change some conferred
social identities and unnecessary fears that have stood in the way of
change for *'way too long!

Pat Myers

"To live dangerously is to live
in the Borderland, where desire,