Re: Tent City II in Seattle - contacting officials (& supporters)

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:56:49 -0700 (PDT)

Anitra, shall we HPNers from around the world
EMAIL SEATTLE OFFICIALS to stop the "Jungle homeless" sweeps?

Maybe it will help impel humane decisions if officials know that the "the
whole world is watching".

DO YOU HAVE EMAIL for any of the officials listed below?

Keep seeking justice through nonviolent direct action and lobbying!-- Tom B
__________
"Seattle City Plans Another Homeless Sweep (Bulldozer
Enforced Evictions) of "the Jungle", an encampment of
homeless people on West Beacon Hill, you are urged to call

  *Tom Byers in the Mayor's Office, 206-684-4000,
  *Ken  Bounds, Director of the Parks Department, 206-684-8021, and
  *City Council Parks Committee Chairperson Nick Licata, 206-684-8803

DEMAND a guarantee of shelter beds for all, and a
tolerance policy until we get them.  If they want to take
action at the jungle, BRING in porta-potties, provide jobs,
counseling, and other services;  urge them to STOP THE
JUNGLE EVICTIONS;

INFO John Fox, Seattle Displacement Coalition,
206-523-2569 or <jvf4119@zipcon.net>"

SOURCE: