Fw: Economic Human Rights Campaign

H. C. Covington (ach1@sprynet.com)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 01:59:15 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Grugan <pgrugan@sprynet.com>
To: hccovington@usa.net <hccovington@usa.net>
Date: Monday, June 01, 1998 10:26 PM
Subject: Economic Human Rights Campaign

Hi,

My name is Patrick Grugan; I'm working with the Kensington Welfare RIghts
Union and the Economic Human RIghts Campaign, and they asked me to respond
to your e-mail.  You asked about Louisiana, and why it had been left off
the trip plans.  The trip plans were determined by places where we had
contacts with poor people's organizations -- I guess we didn't have
contacts with anyone doing work in Louisiana.

But that's not to say that we don't want to be in contact with people in
Louisiana who are facing the same situations we are here -- we certainly
do!  The itinerary has already been set and the tour is underway, but we're
working on a long-term documentation project, where we document the
economic human rights violations that are occurring all over.
Specifically, we're collecting stories, testimonials, and stats on poverty,
homelessness, unemployment, hunger, lack of medical and child care, etc,
from across the country.  If you had any of that information, we'd love to
include it and present it to the United Nations tribunal on July 1st.  If
you have this, or have any other questions or comments, please let me know.

Take care,
Pat Grugan