Re: Homeless Power Union

Jane Scharf (dn701@freenet.carleton.ca)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:26:23 -0400

Hi Terry:

I would like to know how to set up a regular contact with the
homeless power union. I am from the Ottawa area in
Canada. Our provincial government are a bunch of Nazi's.
Among other things they have cut down our welfare,
forse people to do workfare, cut out housing subsidies,
child care subsidies and so on and so on.

They are cracking down on those labelled mentally ill
and they are gearing up to do massive street sweeps
with new legislation they are preparing to crack down
on panhandling and squeegie work.

This new legislation is suppose to be put in the fall. I would
like to support an action to stop it and action to resist it
if does make it through.

The reason I thought it might be a good idea to connect with
your union is because of your position that a movement to
take back our human rights can start on the street.

bye for now,

Jane Scharf Protest, Resist and Surpass