Re: Re: Forward: success ratios for grant proposals

H. C. Covington -- I CAN America (icanamerica@email.msn.com)
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 17:40:36 -0500

Dear Barry:

We totally agree with your comments.  In case there was any confusion, we do NOT
work on a commission or percentage basis.  Our challenge was to suggest that
others work on a set flat fee basis or on a daily fee basis in accordance with
the work required.  I have worked to STOP the practice of percentage based fees
in all the areas we work.  I believe it to be an unethical practice of our
business.  If there is any confusion, please let me know.  The comment in the
recent post was related to the fact that over the past 7 years over 90% of our
grant proposals have been funded.

H. C. Covington
I CAN America
The Rural Resource Collaborative