New NOD Poll

Thomas Cagle (nh-adapt@juno.com)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 08:10:39 -0400

From: Jim Dickson [mailto:dickson@essential.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 3:06 PM
To: Stephanie Thomas
Subject: NEw NOD Poll

Hi,  On Thurseday July 23 a national Poll of 1,000 PWD is being releaced.
The Executive Summery, Key Finding and our Press Releace is avalible at
www.nod.org.
Can you let the Adapt folk know.  I think the information woulld be
useful
for those who are doing ADA events.
jim  Dickson
202 293 5960
At 11:37 AM 6/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>On June 24, 1998
>ANNIVERSARY OF HR 2020:
>Georgia ADAPT did several things:
>
>GREAT JOB TO GA-ADAPT DELIVERY PERSONS
>(1) A group of actvists including Leonard Roscoe & Renee, and Tony hand
>delivered a card to Gingrich:
>outside the card was Snoopy dancing to Happy Anniversary
>inside the card was Snoopy on Top of his dog house saying..
>Good News Should Always be Shouted from the Roof Tops...thenm Renee add
in
>a bubble: ...One Year Anniversary of Introduction of HR 2020 MICA.
>
>GREAT JOB! PHONE-A-THON TO NEWT
>(2) Carolyn Varner (Georgia's secret weapon) called the offices of
Gingrich
>and continuosly reminded them of their promises.
>
>Remeber Carolyn is the one that Newt's office asked "please just have
her
>stop calling us , we will do almost anything..."
>
>KUDOS! Plan of ACTION ...
>(3) Lisa Lanier organized other activties and letter writing campaign
for a
>later action to happen at a big meeting with the State.
>
>PEOPLE STUCK IN CENTRAL STATE HOSPITAL GET ADAPT TEE SHIRTS & GIFTS
>(4) Zan went with another advocate who helped us get in to Central State
>(our worst institution) and handed out food, candy, clothes, books,
papers,
>and ADAPT tee shirts.
>
>We talked with many people and started planning how to get out.
>
>One woman was so happy to have an ADAPT shirt she yanked her
>shirt right off and put on the ADAPT shirt and signed "out" and lead me
>the locked door. She has been locked away for 30 + years...
>
>Many people want out but there are no services available and
communication
>is severe problem. We found two additional DEAF people who have never
been
>served appropriately, as well as many others.
>
>FREE OUR PEOPLE, NOW      FREE ALL OUR PEOPLE, NOW
>
>Peace to You and for a society free of barriers;
>Namaste...honor and respect to you;
>zan
>
>        "We will have to repent in this generation
>        not merely for the hateful words and
>        actions of the bad people
>        but for the appalling silence of the good people."
>
>        Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929–1968),
>        U.S. clergyman, civil rights leader.
>        Why We Can’t Wait, “Letter from Birmingham Jail” '63
>

>GANDHI's Principles of Nonviolence:  http://www.gandhiking.com
>1. Respect for our interdependence and interconnectedness
>2. Understanding
>3. Acceptance
>4. Appreciation of our Differences
>
>ADAPT-GA's WEB page: